Monday, May 18, 2009

Are the Days of "Classic Hip-Hop" Albums over???








So... This Week Eminem is dropping his newest Album Relapse this week. And, it got me thinkning... Are the days of Classic Hip-Hop albums over??? Let's think for a second.

What was the last true classic hip-hop album in hip-hop??? I asked a few of my colleauges and friends there opinions... and this is the list I got. Lupe Fiasco's The Cool, KanYe West "Graduation", Jay-Z "American Gangster".... Now these were not all the albums, but for the most part, these were the albums we agreed on for the last two years in hip-hop. Is this right on point with everyone else? IDK. This got me to listen to all of these albums, and I can see why people would feel this way. In the current issue of VIBE, Young Jeezy said his last album "Recession" was a classic album for the content and subject matter. I listened, and didn't see WHY. I was also told that TI's PAPER TRAIL was one of those ground-breaking lp's. I also listened, and couldn't see why. SO on the eve of AMERICA"S BELOVED EMINEM, and his newest piece of work. Will we consider that a CLASSIC?? or CLASSIC DEAD??? PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME IF IM WRONG!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment